Web Wallet FAQ
- 1.What is a Secret Seed?
- When you generate your Web-wallet, a Public Address and a Secret Seed will be given. The Public Address functions like a bank account number. You need somebody's Public Address in order to send BOScoin to that person and same thing vice versa. Your Public Address can be open to the public but you must keep your Secret Seed secret! This is the PIN to your account. It proves that you are you! Make sure your Secret Seed is stored somewhere safe and kept away from public eyes.
- 2.What happens if I lose my Secret Seed?
- If you lose your Secret Seed, you will lose access to your Web-Wallet and even the developers of BOScoin will not be able to help you so DO be careful not to lose your Secret Seed.
- 3.Is it safe?
- Yes, we have done our utmost to make the Web-Wallet as safe as possible and we are confident it will stay so. Nonetheless, keep your Secret Seed away from public eyes and DO NOT lose it.
- 4.In which browser will it work?
- The Web-Wallet will run on IE10 and above but any other standard web browser should be ok.
- 5. When will mobile wallets be available?
- Mobile wallets that can store BOScoin in any device will be available after MainNet launch. Although we cannot be certain on the exact date, it is more than definitely under way.
- 6.How do I send/receive BOS?
- Sending and Receiving BOS will be quite easy. All you need is your Secret Seed and the Public Address of the person you wish to send it to. It will be quite intuitive. Please refer to the detailed instructions regarding our Web-Wallet.
- 7.Can I access the Web-Wallet with my mobile device?
- If you access the Web-Wallet via PC mode, then yes, you can access your Web-Wallet with your mobile device.
- 8.Do I need to log in to boscoin.io to access my Web-Wallet?
- No. The Web-Wallet and our homepage are not linked in that sense. You do not need to log in to our homepage to access your Web-Wallet. All you need is your Secret Seed.
- 9.How can I receive my BOScoin from my dashboard to my Web-Wallet?
- Before Tokennet launch, you will receive an e-mail from us notifying you to generate your Web-Wallet and send us your Public Address via e-mail. We will send BOScoins to your wallet according to your contribution so make sure you send us the right Public Address. Meanwhile, to avoid any misunderstanding, the dashboard is merely a display of how much you will receive. They are not the actual coins.
BOScoin Wallet FAQ
- 1.How many accounts can I create?
- There is no limit to the number of accounts created and imported into Wallet. You can also add an unlimited number of contacts.
- 2.How do I import my account?
- There are two ways to import. If you know the "Secret Seed", you can use "Import account with Secret Seed". If you know your "Recovery Key" and "Password," you can use "Import account with Recovery Key".
- 3.What is "Recovery Key"?
- "Recovery Key" is a concept that was introduced to prevent the loss of assets caused leaking your unencrypted Secret Seed to third parties. It is convenient to control the account without inputting the Secret Seed directly. Also, Recovery key is encrypted "Secret Seed" via rock-repelling algorithm, which increases security in terms of "Secret Seed" management.
- 4.If I have a "Recovery Key" and "password", will it be easier for me to use than inputing the Secret Seed directly into the existing Web wallet?
- It's much safer and better security. You should remember your password because you will need it to send transactions. What you need to remember for "Import Wallet" is your choice of either the "Recovery Key" or "Secret Seed". Transactions will only be completed using your password. So, it is safer and more convenient than using your unencrypted Secret Seed.
- 5.Does the "Recovery Key" change if I change my "Password"?
- Yes, the "Recovery Key" will change when your "Password" is changed. The "Recovery Key" for each account can be found by going into the wallet's settings.
- 6.Should each wallet have a different "Password"?
- No, you can set the same Password for every wallet.
- 7.If I forgot my "Password", can I find it?
- If you forget your "Password", you can set a new password by using your Secret Seed. You can change the password by selecting the settings in each wallet : Account > Change password > Verification using with Secret Seed
- 8.If I have lost my "Password" and know my "Secret Seed", how can I recover my password?
- In this case, you only need to enter your existing "Secret Seed" to import the wallet again. If you enter the "Secret Seed" and a new "Password", a new "Recovery Key" will be created.
- 9.Why do I have to send at least '0.1 BOS' to create a valid account? Can I withdraw all the BOS remaining in my account?
- BOScoin has introduced a minimum balance of 0.1 BOS, which is considered a minimum amount of 0.1 BOS to maintain an account Your account will be created on the blockchain when you receive at least 0.1 BOS from another account to make it a valid account. The introduction of this minimum balance policy will prevent malicious account creation, ensuring a stable network environment.
- 10.Is there a case where only the fee is deducted?
- No. The failure fee used for transaction errors has been removed on Mainnet.
- 11.Where can I find the Public Address of my account?
- When you go to the transaction history page of the account, there is a "Receive" menu button You can check your Public Address by going to the "Receive" page
- 12.Where can I find my account's Secret Seed?
When you go to the transaction history page of the account, there is a "Setting" menu button in
the upper right corner
If you select "Confirm Secret Seed" on the "Setting" page, you can check your Secret Seed after
If your Secret Seed is leaked, you should move all of BOScoin to a new account immediately.
Please keep your Secret Seed safe.
We can't recover your secret seed, or recover funds moved on the blockchain. You are responsible for the security of your Secret Seed, and the assets in your account.
- 13.Can I get an account that already has an account in "Wallet"?
- No, if you already have an account in "My Wallet", you will not be able to "Import Account"
- 14.If I delete "BOScoin Wallet", is information in my contacts deleted?
- Yes, both information in your contacts list and account wallet information will be deleted. Accounts can be imported with the "Import Account" function, but the information in the contacts list can not be recovered.
- 15.Does my BOScoin disappear when I delete my "BOScoin Wallet" app or account?
- No. BOScoin in the account is stored on the blockchain network and will not be lost (But, You should remember your Secret Seed, Recovery Key & Password). At any time, you can re-import your BOScoin wallet with the "Import Account" function.